Landscaping Industries Association WA
LIAWA is a non-profit organisation pushing professionalism, ethics and branding of its members in the landscaping industry.
LIAWA is active in many initiatives including:
- maintaining or increasing standards by showcasing award-winning projects by members;
- marketing via publicity of great projects by members via trade publication of LIAWA (shape), or through written articles in various trade and retail publications in WA and Australia;
- training via professional development workshops;
- participation in expos and exhibitions showcasing show gardens and members work;
- maintaining network with other associations in the landscaping industry to work towards common goals;
- attending industry forums and representing members’ views at Water Corporation, Dept of Water, Main Roads WA, Building Commission;
- maintaining contact with the building industry via HIA and MBA;
- engaging in forums at national level for matters of labour, training, accreditation, licensing and recommended best practices.
LIAWA members are from various sub-industries of the landscaping industry:
- landscape architects or designers;
- landscape contractors (residential and commercial;
- landscape suppliers;
- landscape trades;
- new graduates of horticulture or construction;
- other relevant landscaping organisations / associations in WA (by affiliation);
- councils; and
- other companies providing a beneficial service to the landscaping industry eg. telecommunications, vehicle and truck companies, website providers, expo organisers, publishers, printers, uniform & safety equipment provider shops, insurance providers, car maintenance and repairs etc.