Be part of a progressive community
The networking and values espouse by LIAWA members will inspire you and make you proud to be part of the landscaping community of WA. Join us and reap the benefits of brand, business support for you and your staff, networking opportunity for knowledge share and collaborations, and/or upskilling opportunities.
Save $’000s as a member of LIAWA!!! We have done the leg work and can help expedite your research work and connect you to reliable suppliers of services for your marketing, legal and HR needs. Plus offer connection for reliable suppliers of services and trades, which are bonuses during peak periods. Members of LIAWA are qualified for capabilities, insurance coverage, are bound by Code of Ethics to abide by industry requirements and stand by LIAWA Values to present their utmost best in professionalism, design services, installation work, or supply of services or products.
CPD, Training and Development
- Connect with another LIAWA member on an informal mentorship arrangements, if requested and subject to availability of suitable LIAWA member with relevant skills at the point of request
- Opportunity to be mentored and guided through a CPD program for Landscapers towards an accreditation pathway that would accelerate a LIAWA member towards obtaining a Landscaper’s license, as soon as Building Commission regulates the landscaping industry (no known date for licensing of landscaping industry in WA at this stage)
- Subsidised Small Business Development Corporation workshops for LIAWA members to help improve your businesses with workshops on business planning, marketing, DIY online social marketing and understanding business ?financials
- Discounted tickets to all LIAWA training workshops and events
- Discounted tickets to Symposium organised for 2018 (Tentative date Fri 27th Apr 2018, aligned with Perth Garden Festival)
- Discounted tickets to the International Skyrise Greenery Conference 2018, held in Singapore for 9th – 10th Nov, 2018. Through our partnership with event organiser and Landscape Industry Association Singapore, LIAWA members are offered 10% discount on registration to a conference that attracts 4,000 delegates from around the world
Email LIAWA to obtain the LIAWA member discount code.
Useful References and Standard Contracts
- Members’ Login on website for references and useful links – Trade Info and Business Info, Apprenticeship, Debt Collections, WorkSafe, Labour / HR matters etc.
- Discounted price for the LIAWA Guidelines to Schedules of Rates for Landscaping Works – Edition 1 (available to LIAWA members at a discount of 50% – Target release date TBC Sept 2017)
- Discounted price for the LIAWA Standard Contract for LIAWA members for landscape works that protect businesses (draft is at this stage being checked by legal, and target for release in August 2017)
- LIAWA membership each year receives varying types of discounted services and supplies of landscaping material from supplier and trade types LIAWA members
- Complimentary listing on Houzz, with ability to promote business with LIAWA logo and Waterwise logo, for members of WW Programs
- Complimentary promotion in New Homes, landscape section, subject to criteria of journalist being met
Marketing and Promotional Opportunities
- Your company will be listed on the LIAWA website for client searches – average number of browsers is approx. 6,655 per month. This is compared to 6,576 in 2016 and 5,217 in 2015. The increased traffic and phone calls received by the LIAWA office proves that the enquiries and browsing is from public actively seek confirmation of LIAWA membership before engaging a business for landscaping works
- Membership certificate of LIAWA – this adds value to your marketing on website or add weight to your tender submissions, where relevant
- Bonus membership of Waterwise Garden Design Program and Waterwise Landscaper Program so your company can be promoted as waterwise program members
- Membership certificate of Waterwise Programs (Garden Design and/or Landscaper Programs) – these adds value to your marketing on website or add weight to your tender submissions, where relevant
- Use of a digital LIAWA logo for professionalism and brand for your marketing
- LIAWA bumper sticker (or office window) for PR of professionalism and brand of good code of ethics
- Use of the digital Waterwise Program membership logo for professionalism and brand of good code of ethics for your marketing
- Cross promotional opportunities via Instagram of LIAWA (complimentary as part of your membership, subject to criteria for social media marketing minimum requirements of photo quality forwarded or extracted from members’ website, Facebook, Instagram etc, )
- Eligibility to enter projects to the prestigious LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018 (open for submissions in Jan 2018)
- Cross promotional opportunities via Facebook of LIAWA (complimentary as part of your membership, subject to criteria for social media marketing minimum requirements of photo quality forwarded or extracted from members’ website, Facebook, Instagram etc, )
- Promotional opportunities of a LIAWA member endeavour (events, launch or achievement) via LIAWA Twitter account, subject to social marketing criteria
- LIAWA is a Partner of 202020Vision, and all LIAWA members are encouraged to use the 202020Vision logo to promote their alignment to this campaign to increase green spaces in urban areas by 20% by the year 2020
- Right to borrow and present the LIAWA tear drop banner for events, home shows, expo or garden shows to promote professionalism and brand
Industry News, Events and Influence
- Membership of LIAWA extends to each member being represented and interests covered by national body of landscaping industry ie. Landscaping Australia Inc. that continues to represent LIAWA (and all states) in the responses in the matter of Training at technical colleges (Cert IV and Diploma)
- Membership of LIAWA extends to each member being represented and interests covered by an alliance of eleven organisations representing amenity horticulture in WA via Green Space Alliance WA. LIAWA President is the current Chair of GSA, and Executive Director Esther Ngang is the current coordinator of GSA.
- Regular LIAWA enews (e-shape) – which includes updates on WorkSafe, Awards Rates, Events, Training etc.
- Discounted tickets to LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018 presentation night (Date TBC)
- Annual networking Sundowner event (Tentative date Fri 9th Feb, 2018 – complimentary to members for up to five persons per company
- – valued at $50 pp – packed with good food and drinks and a sporting or entertainment activity for partners and kids) – held late January/early February each year
- Opportunity to join the LIAWA Committee to assist with landscape industry matters and branding, subject to criteria of DOCEP guidelines for a Committee/Director being met
Networking Opportunities – amongst members
LIAWA members varies in types; Landscape Architects / Designers, Landscape Contractors, Trades, Suppliers, Students, and companies supplying services to the landscaping industry such as printers, publishers, and expo/conference organisers. Other companies supplying services that are potential or members in progress of applying for membership are telecommunications provider, insurance companies, machinery/vehicle dealers, uniform and safety equipment, etc.
Members are encouraged to find ways to collaborate for better efficiencies. Events planned :
- Spring Sundowner – for the launch of LIAWA Schedule of Landscape Works – Venue TBA (Sept 2017)
- Summer Sundowner – Friday 9th February, 2017 from 5pm – Venue and Activity TBA
- Professional Development Workshops – calendar for 2017 TBA
Competitive rates – Website providers & Marketing Support Services
Frustrated with your existing website? Want some help connecting website to all the social media your business is coordinating for marketing. All these need updating but are too complex or time-consuming?
Email LIAWA for the contact details of options of companies offering the support service at a reasonable costs. Or find out if there is a LIAWA member that you can contact to seek a referral of positive or negative, if you are making a decision of which one to choose.
Referral to affordable and reliable Consultants/Advisors
- List of options of insurance brokers for insurance quotes for comparisons and savings to your business
- List of recommended web site design provider of LIAWA for discounted website set up
- Support / guidance for sourcing advice on business matters
- Support / guidance for sourcing advice for employment matters
- Support from a recommended legal firm for guidance on legal matters
- Support for WorkSafe matters by recommended consultants/experts
Competitive rates & reliable – Legal advisers
Ever been caught out in a situation where you hesitated to sign a contract that is poorly worded and is to your disadvataged but not keen to seek legal advice for fear of exhorbitant costs? Ever been caught out in a situation of a developer or a builder who held back payments for works completed without reasonable reasons? Ever been underpaid and not be in the position to recover the payment from a client due to lack of understanding of the recovery process or due to a vague contract? How would you like to avoid all that in the future, or minimise the risk of exposure?
LIAWA can assist you in connecting to options of affordable legal advice. Contact Executive Director, Esther Ngang, for more information on 0438 523 855 or email LIAWA.
Competitive rates – Insurance Premiums from locally-based brokers
LIAWA is pleased to be able to forward you a few local insurance brokers to obtain competitive quotes for your business insurance needs. We have LIAWA members who were assessed on site and risk levels adjusted accordingly, which saved businesses $$thousands in premiums. On the flip side, if you were under-insured would you not rather know and have the chance to decide on sufficient coverage to protect your business?
Please email LIAWA for recommendations on the insurance broker and the contact details.
LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018
Planning for 2018 has begun!! Venue and Date TBC (usually late July or early August, depending on venue availability).
Submissions onf Awards entries would be released in Jan 2018.
This is a major event that brings together great examples of excellence and projects that pushes the boundary in WA. The last event was held at Frasers’ Kings Park in August 2016 which brought together 250 people to celebrate and network. See listing of award-winning projects of 2016 on this website, plus past years’ listing.
LIAWA members attend each event at members’ rates.
Partner / Sponsor offers software tools, or discounted materials
LIAWA Partners / Sponsors often offer great software tools or reference materials that can help you in your work in design or technical details. Contact LIAWA office for more information if you are seeking tools that can help increase efficiency and profitability at no addtional costs to your business.
There may also be discounted materials and supplies that are offered to LIAWA members. This changes from time to time, so please contact us for the latest arrangements in place. Our Partners / Sponsors include growers/ nurseries, media suppliers, arboricultural services, decking material suppliers, and machinery hire. Discounts, depending on volume, can easily fund next membership year’s fee. Don’t miss out!
LIAWA at Expos and Garden Shows
Opportunities to promote your companies at LIAWA sites. Alternatively, LIAWA can assist you in negotiating with event organisers for complimentary sites, or discounted sites. Enquire events such as:
- Pool, Spa & Outdoor Living Expo (March/April : Claremont Showgrounds)
- Perth Garden Festival (April 28 – May 1 : McCallum Park, Vic Park)
- Pool, Spa & Outdoor Living Expo (Sept : Claremont Showgrounds)
LIAWA aims to promote members at these expos and shows, while guiding visitors to “Engage the Professionals”. Always contact LIAWA for more information, and we can put you in touch with another LIAWA member so that you can find out the pros and cons of the events, or learn from their experience as to how to maximise the marketing of your business at the event. Make the most of your membership benefit and connect with another member!!