PRE-PLANNING, PLANNING, CONCEPTUAL DESIGN, AND ASSUMPTIONS IN THE DELIVERY OF GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE IN WA
The 2018 LIAWA Symposium was a follow up to the inaugural event in 2017. Discussions and outcomes of three round table discussions held in May and July 2017 for Trees, and Nov 2017 for Turf were shared by a panel of experts at this symposium. The event was a platform :
- for discussions that facilitate the delivery of quality green infrastructure projects
- to identify experts, skills, solutions to barriers along the supply chaing
- to harness support for investment in urban forestry in WA by minimising risks and costs;
- to recognise pre-planning, assessments and revisit assumptions for long term planning for more tree canopy cover, turfed spaces for active and non-active sports, and vegetation health
Coordinated and facilitated by
- 2018 Symposium – Executive Director of LIAWA, Esther Ngang
- Round table for Trees – Executive Director of LIAWA, Esther Ngang
- Round table for Turf – Executive Officer of TGAWA/STAWA, Eva Ricci
For a summary or notes of the event, email LIAWA or connect with our facilitator on LinkedIn.
Brought to you in collaboration with valued Partners
- Turf Growers Association of WA
- Sports Turf Association of WA
- Tree Guild WA
Here is the program. The day also included a guided tour of the landscaped areas around Optus Stadium by the landscape architect team of HASSELL, and award-winning landscaper member of LIAWA, Deep Green Landscaping.