LIAWA is a non-profit organisation pushing professionalism, ethics and branding of its members in the landscaping industry.
LIAWA is active in many initiatives including:
- maintaining or increasing standards by showcasing award-winning projects by members;
- marketing via publicity of great projects by members via trade publication of LIAWA (shape), or through written articles in various trade and retail publications in WA and Australia;
- training via professional development workshops;
- participation in expos and exhibitions showcasing show gardens and members work;
- maintaining network with other associations in the landscaping industry to work towards common goals;
- attending industry forums and representing members’ views at Water Corporation, Dept of Water, Main Roads WA, Building Commission;
- maintaining contact with the building industry via HIA and MBA;
- engaging in forums at national level for matters of labour, training, accreditation, licensing and recommended best practices.
LIAWA members are from various sub-industries of the landscaping industry:
- landscape architects or designers;
- landscape contractors (residential and commercial;
- landscape suppliers;
- landscape trades;
- new graduates of horticulture or construction;
- other relevant landscaping organisations / associations in WA (by affiliation);
- councils; and
- other companies providing a beneficial service to the landscaping industry eg. telecommunications, vehicle and truck companies, website providers, expo organisers, publishers, printers, uniform & safety equipment provider shops, insurance providers, car maintenance and repairs etc.
LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018 presentation night returns to Crown
Friday 15th June, 2018 @ The Astral Ballroom
Dress : Cocktail / Suits (but hey, we know of rebels in the landscaping industry who would turn up in their funky smart casuals and that is OK!!)
6pm – 7pm * Cocktail hour
7.15pm * Seated for opening by Carmen Braidwood, formalities
7.30pm * Entree served & presentation to Partners
7.35pm * Mains served & entertainment by jazz goddess Cathrine Summers
8.35pm * Presentation of LIAWA Awards of Excellence
9.45pm * Conclusion of awards & group photo sessions
10.00pm * Rock n roll away with Cathrine Summers
11.30pm * LIAWA Awards night concludes
Ticket pricing :
$250 (GST included) for individual tickets (LIAWA member price)
$295 (GST included) for individual tickets (non-LIAWA member price)
$2,350 (GST included) Table of 10 (discounted for LIAWA Awards entrants)
Kindly email LIAWA with your ticket bookings numbers specified.
We appreciate that you may not have the names of staff and partners confirmed at the point of booking. You are welcome to revert by 5th June for details of names and dietary requirements, as that would give us enough time to update Crown catering.
One door prize to be won!!
Plus two prizes for the those voted by secret judges for the best dress (or suit) with the best of flowers or landscape. Get your thinking hats on and win that prize !! Think colours. Think trees of Avatar. Think flowers of Alice in Wonderland. Let your imagination run. We are an industry that is creative. Make sure out professional photographer grabs photos of your creations.
Cathrine Summers and her band starts the night with cool jazz, while you enjoy your delicious meal and catch up with industry colleagues.
Cathrine Summers and her band returns with rock and roll after the conclusion of awards presentation. Dance the night away, or move to the cocktail area to catch up with industry colleagues.
MC for the LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018
Take advantage of our photographer for company / staff portraits on the night
Bring your team. Grab a photo while everyone is dressed to impressed and happy. Pose for a team photo. Grab a couples photo. Pose with a good mate. Go for it!! Awards entrants or not, all LIAWA members are welcome.
Thank you to loyal and generous Partners for the bi-ennial glam event for the landscaping industry.
Contact LIAWA for more information on Partnership program.
LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018
The categories are:-
- Designer – Residential – Up to 250sqm
- Designer – Residential – 250sqm to 500sqm
- Designer – Residential – more than 500sqm
- Designer – Commercial / Civic – Up to 500sqm
- Designer – Commercial / Civic – Over 500sqm
- Contractor – Residential – up to $75,000
- Contractor – Residential – from $75,000 to $150,000
- Contractor – Residential – Over $150,000
- Contractor – Commercial / Civic – up to $500,000
- Contractor – Commercial / Civic – from $500,000 to $1m
- Contractor – Commercial / Civic – more than $1m
- Regional Project – Residential Projects located more than 75km from Perth Metro
- Regional Project – Commercial Projects located more than 75km from Perth Metro
- Sustainable Landscape Project – Residential
- Sustainable Landscape Project – Commercial
- Best Special Feature – Built Feature
- Best Artistic Feature – Sculpture / Screens
- Best Special Feature – Landscape Lighting
- Best Built Feature – Water Feature / Pools / Ponds
- Best Built Feature – Seating / Fencing / Structure / Paving / Poured Concrete / Cladding
- Maintenance – Residential
- Maintenance – Commercial
- Innovative Product of the Year
Overall Winners Trophies are awarded for:
- Best Overall Design (shortlisted from categories 1 – 5)
- Best Overall Contractor (shortlisted from categories 6 – 15)