LIAWA is a non-profit organisation pushing professionalism, ethics and branding of its members in the landscaping industry.
LIAWA is active in many initiatives including:
- maintaining or increasing standards by showcasing award-winning projects by members;
- marketing via publicity of great projects by members via trade publication of LIAWA (shape), or through written articles in various trade and retail publications in WA and Australia;
- training via professional development workshops;
- participation in expos and exhibitions showcasing show gardens and members work;
- maintaining network with other associations in the landscaping industry to work towards common goals;
- attending industry forums and representing members’ views at Water Corporation, Dept of Water, Main Roads WA, Building Commission;
- maintaining contact with the building industry via HIA and MBA;
- engaging in forums at national level for matters of labour, training, accreditation, licensing and recommended best practices.
LIAWA members are from various sub-industries of the landscaping industry:
- landscape architects or designers;
- landscape contractors (residential and commercial;
- landscape suppliers;
- landscape trades;
- new graduates of horticulture or construction;
- other relevant landscaping organisations / associations in WA (by affiliation);
- councils; and
- other companies providing a beneficial service to the landscaping industry eg. telecommunications, vehicle and truck companies, website providers, expo organisers, publishers, printers, uniform & safety equipment provider shops, insurance providers, car maintenance and repairs etc.
LIAWA Awards of Excellence 2018
Mark this event in your diary for Friday 8th June, 2018 evening. Details of venue and ticket bookings would be released in April 2018.
What’s a glam party without the great projects to acknowledge and celebrate? For those who had put together entries for submission in past years will find the entry format similar. Anyone new to this and needing assistance and tips, please contact LIAWA and we would gladly help with tips and tricks.
Anyone keen for tips on how to present your projects to wow judges the week before they are scheduled to arrive, do ask us on phone or emails. One thing is obvious is that regular awards winners make the extra effort to gain points as the difference between a winner and a finalist can sometimes be down to 0.5 points.
Here are the details for the paperwork and criteria for all categories :
Loyal and generous Partners for the bi-ennial glam event for the landscaping industry :
WITH THANKS to our GOLD PARTNERS
WITH THANKS to our SILVER PARTNERS
WITH THANKS to our WATERWISE PARTNER